- Students will gain an understanding of necessity of modelling humanities data.
- Students will learn how to model data in a variety of formats, depending on the source.
- Students will be introduced to requirements analysis for digital humanities projects.
- Students will be introduced to the theory of software engineering modeling methodologies such as Hierarchical Modeling, the Unified Modeling Language, and Relational Modeling.
- Students will become familiar with theories and methodologies pertaining to modelling humanities data.
- Student will be able to identify and evaluate the most appropriate methodologies and modeling tools to use in a Digital Humanities project.